Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tangerine dream

One day five or six years ago, back when Mom and Dorothy were living in Boston, I received a very special gift. It was a Sunday in May and Dorothy arrived carrying a beautiful orange azalea. Even when it was just a sprite in the pot, it was clear this was a beautiful plant.

ON her way to my house she had driven by a garden center. She had spied the azalea as she drove by. She promptly turned around, went back and bought it. I love that about Dorothy - how she will take notice, stop and take these turns.

And that's how I ended up with this spectacular tangerine dream in my garden. Each year when it blooms I send my thanks to Dorothy. Each year people admire it. They wander down my neighbor's driveway and into my back yard to get a closer looks. Really. It's spectacular.

This year I tried capturing the beauty. See if you agree.



More pictures here.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Oh Mol, You put that so sweetly!
But really it was more like; spotting this incredible color among hundreds of plants, swerving, skidding in the gravel on the side of the road, screeching to a halt, and backing up
and into the driveway of the nursery!
Whichever way it went down..I knew that she would only be happy with you! Love you.