I don't want to look backwards. I don't want to hear from a politician that continues to divide us and blame the other side...no matter how much each side deserves the blame.
We need a great uniter. A real leader. A person that does not speak or respond in a manner that fans the flames of our hatred and our fears. We need a genuine human being who will bring us together and rebuild our faith in ourselves and our freedoms and our place in the world.
I don't want to go back to the same old politicians, no matter how much they may deserve to move up the ladder. It's time to move on.
That's why I'm really excited about Barack Obama's announcement today.
10 comments:
Unfortunatly, he is a chain smoker that is owned by the tobacco lobby.
I don't think he can be elected. America is not ready. Too young, too ethnic, too liberal. I agree we need a uniter. He is not a uniter.
I think he would be a good pick for a VP nomination. I don't think he is electable as Pres today.
So who do YOU like for 2008?
So far all the people I know that would be good at running the country are too smart to go into politics.
I do believe that if Hillary is nominated it will ensure another Republican term in office.
I fear that the supreme court cannot withstand more weight on the right.
Sigh...
You're right - politics is sausage-making...and you never get to use steak. The key is to get someone that will bring in the really smart people to do the work.
We can't go right again. We just can't.
Hillary deserves to run - but shouldn't. Edwards? I don't know. I still like Obama - I think his inexperience and youth is a greater liability than his skin color. But he's got the gift.
Just wait for Mitt Romney to step out for the GOP.
We shall see.
I hope he will be patient and wait until 2016. He will be 57, have a pile of experience by then, and our country will have a little more time to grow the hell up.
What would you think about a Gore/Obama ticket?
Hmm - interesting. I've been a Gore fan...as far back as when he wrote Earth in the Balance - a great book. And Inconvenient Truth...well, it's dead on. His heart has always been in the right place.
I'm worried Hillary is going to screw up this election...the party seems in lock-step on her. Perhaps the Draft Gore movement will build steam...
http://www.draftgore.com/
Gore has become a true Statesman since he has become his own man again.
His "handlers" or "advisors" are what lost him the election. Speak the truth, even if the truth is not PC or the Party Line.
Post a Comment