For the last year or so I had the good fortune to work with Tom Harding, a top notch designer from London.Unfortunately I don't get to work with him anymore. And that's because he and his girlfriend Clare decided to chuck it all in and do a trip to the Americas. And I mean all of the Americas.
I find that Europeans are more likely than Americans to do big extended trips like that. What's wrong with us?
I always wanted to do one (or two or more) - and still aspire to it - though at this point it looks like it will be after the boys are out of college. In my opinion there are two things you should spare no expense on...education and travel.
Hey, you can't take money with you. But experience and knowledge are with with you forever.
So if you're reading this and you haven't gotten all tied up with commitments like houses and kids...go out and see the world like Tom and Clare.
Right now they're in Argentina. It will be fun to track their journey on their blog.
They take great pix. Here's Tom caught in the act...
2 comments:
Do they have some kind of blog? How do I get to it?
Hi yes - they have a great blog - I just posted the links but here it is again.
http://clareandtom.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment