Friday, October 05, 2007

You know you're old when

I just had a birthday divisible by 5.

Here's a nice list to mark the occasion, from one of my fav business bloggers, Guy Kawasaki. It's told from a guy's perspective...but it still resonated with me.
  1. A cute blonde buys you a drink, and she’s your kids’ summer camp counselor.

  2. You have to leave the place where she bought you the drink because the music is too loud for your tinnitus.

  3. You leave by jumping in your filthy minivan.

  4. You stop on the way home to buy baby-bottle liners. (hmm...not anymore for me)

  5. You cancel your babysitter at summer camp because you’re too tired to go out at 9:00 pm.

  6. The only CDs that you buy are from Starbucks.

Some of the really funny ones are in the comments to his post:
You know you are getting old when you remember...

a) when MTV played only music
b) when MTV went off the air at night
c) when TV in general went off at night! (after playing the national anthem!)

That you only called some relatives at Christmas and/or on their birthday because long distance calls were so expensive.

You wake up in the morning feeling hung over, and the only thing you did the night before was stay up 'late' to watch Entourage. (been there)


These things remind me of my age, but I still don't feel old. I wonder if you ever really do?


By the way, for my birthday I received FOUR George Bush gag birthday cards. Is it that obvious that I want to impeach him and Cheney?

Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes.

This year I heard from a ton of friends and contacts now that I'm on Facebook. And yes, Alicia, geezers like me are on Facebook. Dylan even added me as a friend. I take that as a compliment!

No comments: