The creak of the steps. The National Geographics all lined up on the bookshelf. Dinner at the kitchen table listening to the radio. Chocolate chip cookies...the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever made...in the cookie jar. Chicklets gum in the cupboard above. The marks on the doorjam where Gram would mark the growth of her three children and their many, many grandchildren.My favorite memories are in front of the TV. First we'd watch The Lawrence Welk Show. I was always amazed at how much they loved it. I liked the bubbles.
But the real treat? Watching the Red Sox. Me and Gram would stay up late, all by ourselves, and watch the game. I'd sit on the floor near her feet. She'd work the crossword or her knitting and she'd call out to the game and we'd talk and talk - about everything.
At her knee I learned to love the Red Sox...and the Kennedy's....in that order.No surprise I ended up in Massachusetts.
So tonight I'm calling on all my angels, but especially my Gramma Tones. GO SOXXXXXXX!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment