Saturday, October 06, 2007

Homers and Bugs

I've been working too hard and getting up too early all week. So I couldn't stay awake for the whole game last night.

Right before I fell asleep, Manny missed fielding a ball in left field and his cap toppled off revealing his long dreads and Pedroia dove but could not snare a ball wrenching his shoulder in the process. It just didn't seem like things would go well.

But if I had been able to stay awake I would have celebrated with everyone else when Manny became the man of the hero with a walk off homer in the 9th that clinched the victory.

Meanwhile, the Yanks were bugged out in Cleveland. Damnedest thing I ever saw. But the plague was deeply enjoyed by the fans at Fenway who erupted with applause the moment word broke that the Yankees lost.

If the drama of October doesn't make you a baseball fan, I feel sorry for you.

No comments: