Saturday, June 23, 2007

Powdered milk

Nancy was at Mt. Auburn Hospital this past the week on business so Dan, Julie, "Little" Dan, Bob and I met Nancy and her collegue for dinner in Harvard Square one night. Great time.

We got to laughing about the two groups of kids in the Welch family...the four older ones and the two younger girls. I can't remember it exactly but here's a sip:

"You guys were so much older - I had no idea what you were like."
"You girls had it so easy! We went camping - 8 of us in a pop up tent. But you? You went to Myrtle Beach."
"All those clothes and presents all the time."
"You were like queens!"
"I think our growth was even stunted...must have been the powdered milk."
Nancy, aghast: "You got powdered milk?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! It's true, they are the queenies!!. Of course, if you ask Dan and Jim, they will tell you that Jon is spoiled too. We survived the powdered milk!!