
I once met a cow named Molly.
I've met a few horses and plenty of dogs named Molly. In fact, my kids grew up with a Black Lab named Molly at our babysitter's house.
I recently read that the most popular name for dogs in Britain is Molly.
It's also the most popular name for cats in Britain.
But here's my favorite.
Of the Top 20 "Whitest" sounding names, Molly is #1.
Which has got to be true. Do you know anyone named Molly that doesn't get sunburns and freckles?
The sad part? As part of the survey that ranked the whitest and blackest names, they found that resumes with the white-sounding names were downloaded 17% more often by job recruiters than the resumes with black-sounding names.
So you're more likely to get hired if your name is Molly, Amy, Claire, Emily, Katie or Madeline.
And least likey to get hired if your name is Imani, Ebony, Shanice, Aaliyah, Precious, or Nia.
No comments:
Post a Comment