An Irish Wedding BlessingMay the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
and the rain fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again my friend
May God hold you in the palm of his hand
May God be with you and bless you
May you see your children's children
May you be poor in misfortunes and rich in blessings
May you know nothing but happiness
from this day forward
I may not have the exact wording of the Irish blessing Dan read, when he stood before 270 people to lead a toast as the best man at his brother's wedding...but it's close. Dan had a hard time getting through it without crying. Me too. I'm sure there were tears all around.Bob and I have watched with awe and admiration all these years as Barb and Dan raised their three wonderful boys. Now here they are - young men looking to college, to marriage, with their whole lives ahead of them. And they are jewels.
Jim and Jenna knew a long time ago that they had found their match. They were glowing. I have no doubt that they will be able to understand the wisdom of this quote:
"Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle." - Amy BloomThanks to Jim and Jenna and their families for throwing a great wedding. A fabulous time was had by all. The reception was held at the recently renovated Rochester Hyatt Regency - very nice. I loved the classic black, white and red the wedding party wore, the flowers, the cake...so elegant.

Did I mention the cake?

I love how weddings bring everyone together. It's such a great way to launch a new family.
We danced. We ate. We laughed. Here are some of my favorite pics...
Jessica mesmerized by the bride and groom's first dance.

You just can't beat kids in formal wear.


But really, you have to see all of them...so here's the link to all the photos.
1 comment:
Oooh. Nice shot of the Rochester skyline!
Post a Comment