Thursday, June 07, 2007

Conservatives from Texas

This year we lost Molly Ivins to cancer. I've told you before how I feel about Molly, the great never-to-be-forgotten columnist from Texas.

Molly once said, referring to George W.:
"Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."


Molly isn't around to write to us about the dangers of current Texans, but others are. Dorothy sends this link from blogger Sara Robinson. It's worth a read. Here's a clip:

Molly, with her usual insight, laid out the essential struggle we're having with Paul. As a libertarian leftist, I understand viscerally the charm of Paul's message. Who wouldn't be charmed? He's anti-war, anti-torture, anti-drug war, and anti-corporation -- a real progressive dream date. Until you reflect on the fact that he's also anti-choice, anti-gay, anti-environment, anti-sane immigration policy, and apparently, anti-separation of church and state as well. >More


Ron Paul himself says he's more conservative than any current Republican. Is that really what we want?

Word is that Ron Paul will appear on The Colbert Report June 13th. I'll be tuning in.

For now, it seems Ron Paul is gaining momentum because he's actually speaking plain truth about Iraq, instead of being political. Unlike the Democrats, as Bill Maher points out...





No comments: