Thursday, April 23, 2009

N'Awlins

We met up with John and Martha for a great trip to New Orleans and the French Quarter Festival. What a time!

Bob will do a professional travel blog account - but here are some highlights...

Music 24/7
Horns Horns Horns
Music in the alleys, on stage, in bars, on the riverfront, up the steps, echoing down the streets


Secret Gardens

Hat Squad
Oysters
Crawfish
Eerie, beautiful cemetaries

Drinks in hand, drinks on the street, Bar after bar - what New Orleans has in spades is music and drinks

Best Bloody Marys ever, with pickled green bean or okra instead of celery
Mohitos made by the best bartender in town
French 75
Sazerac

Tons more - but Bob will cover. Here are lots more pictures than you want to see!

Music, long walks, friends, good food and drink and warm weather - I kept finding myself saying out loud..."I'm so happy!"

Thanks to Mari, Doreen, Patty and Paul for helping to hold down the fort at home.

I will go back to this festival any time I can - who's in? Let's go!

No comments: