Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Geni...us

Two years ago I started our small family tree on Geni and invited some family members to help build it.

Today there are 346 family members in my tree and it continues to grow.


I have reconnected with cousins and uncles and met new family members. I've been inspired to dig out family photos that have been handed down to me so I can share them. It's reminded me again that I'm standing on the shoulders of all who came before me and those who follow are standing on mine.

Or maybe it's just that I love maps. And Geni is a map that grows organically through time and between all of us. It's amazing to see all the connections mapped out, to follow the lines and the time and the milestones of our lives. It's fun to see it grow.

If you're in the family and haven't stopped in, email me and I'll invite you in and you can check it out and help us keep building it. If you're not in the extended Duncan/Welch clan, consider starting your tree. It's time well spent.

Here are some of those great pictures...

My grandparents - young and in love


Grandma Gracie with my Mom and little Dorothy


Bob's mother - Suzie Q!


Bob's grandparents - SuzieQ's mom and dad


My brother Jimmy with his nephew Dylan


My Mom

No comments: