Friday, February 06, 2009

RIP Lux Interior

Lux Interior, the founder, singer and songwriter for one of my favorite bands, The Cramps, died on Wednesday at the age of 60.

Back in the day we listened to The Cramps all the time and I saw them live in Boston or New York? Or both? with Robin, who turned me on to them in 1981. Anyhow they were raw, pure, psychobilly voodoo and I defy anyone to not feel a certain amount of joyful abandon in this music.

Here is Lux's obituary from the Globe, in which he is referred to as "Mr. Interior." That made me choke on my coffee this morning.

It reminds me of the time I heard "Mr. Biafra" (aka Jello Biafra of The Dead Kennedys) interviewed on NPR while I was driving home from work one day.

That was when I knew my generation's bands was aging up. And now, ummm, some of them aren't making it into their 60s. But hey, who ever would have thought Lux would last this long?

My condolences to Poison Ivy. Here's to you Lux!



Human Fly


I was a teenage werewolf


Here they are playing The Way I Walk at the Napa State Mental Hospital in 1984. Ah...good times, good times.



OK yeah, I'm loving YouTube today.

What's inside a girl


Tear it up


Garbage Man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol - you went all out here Mol! What an era. It looks like we were dressed up for Halloween ...and it was awesome. :) -Bob