When my Dad ran away to San Francisco it was 1978.
That's the same year Harvey Milk was gunned down, along with Mayor Moscone.
As San Francisco was working that out, my Dad was working out a new life.
When I went there he'd talk all about San Francisco politics, which he followed with passion. He had lots to say about Dianne Feinstein, the woman that stepped up as mayor after the assassinations. She is now Senator Feinstein and about the same age my Dad would have been now.
The whole time I watched this incredible movie...I felt like Dad was sitting right next to me, squeezing my arm, making funny asides, cheering Harvey on, weeping at his demise and marveling at his legacy. I loved...and I mean I LOVED...going to movies with Dad.
Go see it. Sean Penn embodied Harvey Milk completely. A master performance. Best Actor, indeed. And the way the film is shot, you'll swear you're right back in the 70s.
1 comment:
Hey Mol!
I made my first Flash typographic animation, its on my blog!
Post a Comment