Saturday, May 17, 2008

Key West



Key West is a wonderful funky mix. It's got a coral reef, mangroves, beautiful sunsets, good restaurants, famous bars, tacky tourist traps, drag queens, crowing roosters, gorgeous old homes, wild chickens, lots of cats and beach bums, treasure hunters, history, cat tamers, beaches, great fishing, Mohitos, Cuban sandwiches, cruise ships, sun and more.

I'm not a Jimmy Buffet fan. But I appreciate where he's coming from now.



When you're in Key West you're closer to Cuba than Miami. It's warm. You slow down. You feel the soft breeze. You look into the blues of the water. You applaud every sun set.

Bob and I got up early most mornings and rode bikes all over.


I'm sure people that have known and loved Key West for years hate how commercial it's become. But we have loved it there.

And how great to be able to share the fun with Dorothy!

We got a bunch of great shots - take a look at all the photos here.





1 comment:

Nancy/B said...

Oh man - those photo's of your vacation are gorgeous!!! I want to go to the Key's for a vacation now!