Thursday, October 12, 2006

Midtown Plaza Mall

When I was growing up in Rochester, my Dad worked in the Midtown building downtown. Every day he'd put on his suit and drive there. I remember so well going there to meet him after work and being so impressed by the Midtown Plaza Mall and it's clock tower. Didn't they have a little train that went around the clock at Christmas?

Well, you're not going to believe this video sent to me by a reader of my Boston Globe blog who knows I'm a former Rochesterian...



Talk about a trip down memory lane...Genesee Fever! Quality!

Update: Here's a parody of that same video: Rochester: A City of Poverty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was pretty cool. None of the stores in either Midtown or Pittsford Plaza are there anymore L. I must be getting old because I do remember them being there!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel like a geezer, I definitely remember the clock!