I'm in Glasgow this week on business. I won't see much due to my work schedule, but I have poked around a bit. It's my first time in Scotland. The weather is gray, damp and chilly but the people are incredibly warm, polite, funny and friendly. For a city of
600,000 it has an astounding number of night clubs, restaurants and pubs. The place comes alive after 10pm every night of the week.WeeWorld is a collection of really sweet, talented people. They're a very unique group. Thoughtful. Creative. The work ethic here is very different than in Web companies in the US. Here the team is in at 9am, takes an hour for lunch and is out the door promptly at 5. Wow. Hey if it works, that's the way life should be!
I love the lilting patterns of their accents. At first you can't understand a word...and then your ear gets attuned and it all becomes clear.
Tonight we go out to the pubs with a the creative team. I'm battling a cold, but took some extra Zzzz's this morning so I can make it through tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment