Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Gone Skiing


Just back from a few days at Loon Mountain skiing. What a great time. Dylan and Drew got a lot of good skiing in and broke through that tough "beginner" phase. And Bob's getting really good...at least as good as me and I used to be the only skiier!

It was all fun and games until Drew got hurt. He ran into a snowboarder and banged up his knee. The snowboarder was fine. Drew got a ride down the moutain on a ski patrol toboggan - not something he will soon forget! He was up and around in no time - just a bruise. Whew!

Thanks to the Schlanger's for inviting us to stay at their great winter getaway! Here's Olivia posing with her new pal, Brownie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember taking Bob sking at Whiteface when we were in college. I think I passed his sprawled body about eight times before he got down.

Well, I kinda remember...

Molly said...

I totally remember. Marty, me, Kim & Patty. You took me to the top of Big Tupper and I had no idea how to ski.I was told "snow plow" you'll be fine. We'll I thought the idea behind snow plowing was to cross the tips of your ski's. Man did I wreak my knee's! I didn't ski again for 20 years! We did have a good time drinking in the bar at the Cranberry Lake Inn...and what kind of whacked out backwoods party did they take us to at that cabin/shack in the woods? Whoa.

Anonymous said...

I was so stupid in those days. I remember thinking, "I'm not drivin so I drinkin ALL WEEKEND!"

Drank in the mornings to avoid hangovers.

And that back woods party!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh....to be young again!!! Now our kids are doing it (well, some of our kids!)

Anonymous said...

I will be blocking this website from my childerns computer, thank you...