Sunday, October 12, 2008

Retro Popcorn

I saw this popcorn popper at Kohl's and had to have it. I remembered watching popcorn pop as a kid in something like this.
Well, I brought it home and we made a batch of popcorn. Until I saw the looks on Dylan and Drew's faces I had no idea what a big moment it was.

Having grown up with microwaves, they had NEVER SEEN POPCORN POP. EVER.

It never occured to me before. But of course the hadn't ever seen popcorn pop. To them popcorn comes in bags and you take it out, rip it open and pour it in the bowl.

But what you miss is the anticipation, the sizzling and then the explosion of corn...all at once. So dramatic!

This week Drew actually invited kids over to watch popcorn pop. It was a revelation and a thrill for each of them, every time.

We've already gone through a whole jar of popcorn and we've just opened our second.

Tonight when we made it even Bob jumped up for the big moment when the popcorn explodes and fills the dome.

Fun. With. Food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...remember the good ole days!