I work with Scottish people every day and it's great.
But the first time I was on a conference call with them, I couldn't understand a word. You'd think because we both speak English, it would be easy, right? Not so much.
One thing they always comment on about Americans is our unbridled optimism and our over-use of the word "awesome" which is a word that they reserve for something truly awe-inspiring - like God.
To which of course, we comment on their Scottish pride and their over-use the word "brilliant." How was your tea? "Brilliant!" Going to the loo? Brilliant!" Because, brilliant is a word that we reserve for someone that's extraordinarily smart - like Einstein.
Here is the video that they sent to me today, saying that this is how they see Americans:
Gotta love stereotypes.
So, I'm sending them this one - because here's how we see the Scots:
No comments:
Post a Comment