Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dream on

When I was in high school I saw Aerosmith on the Toys in the Attic tour. I saw J. Geils on the Sanctuary tour.

I wore this tshirt for a long time.

And Aerosmith's bad boys, led by Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, became part of the sound track of my formative years. Dream on, Walk this Way, Back in the Saddle, What it Takes, Sweet Emotion, Last Child....

At the time, a girl growing up on the shores of Erie and Ontario....did I know I was going to move to Boston and never leave? No. But I was a good Irish Catholic girl...brought up to love the Red Sox and the Kennedys...so honestly? It wasn't that big of a stretch.

Roll forward the clock and here I am...living in Boston, for longer than I've ever lived anywhere. It's home. Just like it's home to the guys that took the stage at Fenway the night of August 14, 2010 with all those songs...Those songs? They're home too.

Before Aerosmith took the stage on the hallowed greens of Fenway we were treated to the following video, narrated by another Boston bad boy - Dennis Leary...




Need I say more?

Was it worth the exorbitant price of admission?

Steven Tyler in amazing voice, strutting and writhing on stage like it was 1978?

Yes. It was priceless.

I know he's paid the devastating meth clinic hell hole price of being a bad boy...but Tyler is a survivor. And that night he was triumphant.

We all sang at the tops of our lungs when he surprised us by showing up on top of the Green Monster sitting at his white baby grand piano...playing "Dream on."

Yeah, we had been dreaming for many years... we had no trouble singing out into the starry skies about Fenway.



Thankful for all of it.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

1984, Done With Mirrors tour was my first concert. They were touring with Ted Nugent. Boy to Man in just one night. Amazing concert. I would have paid double for the Fenway experience.