Monday, June 30, 2008

All over the place

Last Monday I left for Glasgow, Scotland on business. It was great seeing all my co-workers. I work with them everyday and yet we rarely see each other in person. They are one hugely talented, fun and crazy group of Scots!

Four days, much work and a few pints later...it was time to hop back on the plane for Boston.

We flew from Glasgow to Philadelphia. When we arrived our connecting flight to Boston was cancelled due to thunderstorms. So we battled the system and managed to get a late flight into Manchester, New Hampshire. David's wife Cathy picked us up at midnight (yay!) and Bob met us halfway at some exit off of 93. As we made the swap from one car to the next in a dark parking lot if felt like we were making a drug deal or something.

The next morning I unpacked and packed and we loaded up the car and drove 6 hours to Binghamton, New York. Why? Well it's time for the annual campout with our college buddies. We've been meeting once a year for over 20 years - not to be missed if we can help it!

Two nights, much fun, wild silliness and more than a few beers (and WAY too much food) later...it was time to hop in the car and drive to Rochester.
By way of Ithaca...which is gorgeous and gorges, of course.

Here we plan to help out Mom and Pops since Mom just got sprung from the hospital. She's spent pretty much every day of June in the hospital. We're hoping to help smooth out the transition a bit.

And go to Schaller's, of course.

Now here I sit at Mombo's desk catching up on the blog. Amazingly I'm not jet-lagged and I'm feeling pretty good.

2 comments:

Nancy/B said...

hmmmmmmm - schallers............

Anonymous said...

Sheesh.. you have been busy. Sounds like a blast!