Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Blues

We spent weeks planning a vacation with Bob's Mom and Dad in Key West. And right before we were to fly down and meet in sunny Florida, Mom got a massive infection in her foot and ended up in the hospital. And they couldn't go. Just like that.

So we had to go without them and it was down right depressing for us all. Because you see, they were the reason for the trip. The part about taking them to Florida was just icing on the cake. They deserved a break in the warm sun, having missed going to Florida because of all the health issues they've had. And we all just wanted to enjoy some time together. So it was totally unfair that they couldn't go. I'm sure no one was more depressed about it than Mom and Dad. We all shed our tears.

Dorothy was able to make it and we were so thankful for that. We celebrated her 64th birthday in style.

Now the news is that Mom's back in the hospital with complications from the medication.

In her heart, I know Mom's ready to jump up and go shopping for knick knacks and kick up her heels. So we'll all just have to stay extra close and help Mom and Dad get through this.

I'll post pictures of the incredible blue of the water in Key West soon.

But first I had to post my blues.

No comments: