We always have an Advent calendar. Opening one of those little doors is the first thing we do when we come downstairs in the morning. I saw an Advent Calendar in a store the other day and it was called the "Holiday Countdown Calendar." Give me a politically correct break.Another countdown I have is that there are only 36 days to the season premiere of 24.
If you don't have time to watch the preview - here are the headlines:They’re going to sacrifice Jack! Who looks like Tom Hanks in Castaway when he gets off the plane in the clip! Only one man can save the world!That's always the plot - that Jack Bauer is the only one who can save the world. That's why I love it. But also, the whole show is a countdown...tick tick tick...each episode equaling one hour in real time. Though miraculously no one ever showers, sleeps or looks messy, unless of course they're supposed to be - like if they're shot or being tortured or something.

I'm a sucker for a great countdown. I think that's why I like that Biggest Loser TV show. Each week we countdown how much weight they'v lost. Each week someone gets eliminated. The weigh-ins are riveting. It's countdown psychology at its finest.
Speaking of Biggest Losers, the biggest, saddest and scariest countdown of them all is the Bush Countdown. How much more devastation will we sustain over the next 695 days, 10 hours and 4 minutes?Too bad Jack Bauer can't save us.
No comments:
Post a Comment