When the American people voted George Bush in for a second term, I thought we had lost our country.
But last night America woke up. Cenk said it well "Americans aren't dumb, we're just a little slow."
Deval Patrick, in his acceptance speech last night, having become the first black governor of Massachusetts in history and winning by a landslide with a campaign where he steadfastly refused to do negative campaigning, said:"Today ... the people of Massachusetts chose by a decisive margin to take back their government...the voters have rejected a government by gimmicks and sound bites."
And that's just what the country did across the board last night.
Government by soundbyte (mission accomplished, heckuva job), by gimmiks and obfuscation (Iraq caused 9/11, you're with us or you're against us), by scare tactics (terror alert levels), by division (stem cell, abortion), by back room deals (Haliburton, oil)... that kind of government has failed us utterly.
And at last, I think the people have noticed.
I feel proud to be an American today.
And now the dems had better clean house and do this right. Out with the old, in with the new.
Oh, and then new Congress can't put Rumsfeld under investigation fast enough.
Let's just drop him off in Iraq in an unarmored HumVee.
4 comments:
Virginia is so F'd up.
The people voted in a new governor and new senator, both democrats.
At the same time they voted for the stupid "Marriage Amendment" that states "marriage is only between one man and one woman."
WTF?
I live in VA too. I cannot believe they passed that piece of Sh!t.
Guess you have to live in Massachusetts if you want gay rights.
Here you can have a gay marriage, however, we just voted that you still can't buy wine in grocery stores. WTF??
I also live in Virginia. It is a very conservative state. We voted for change. But not too much.
Post a Comment