Saturday, July 22, 2006

No Go


So we've spent the better part of a year getting ourselves emotionally prepared for moving to San Francisco. Then we spent the last 2-3 months getting ourselves physically prepared for moving to San Francisco.

And then we did something radical. We called it off.

Why? Because the timing is wrong. Bob's company had their funding delayed, the stars were no longer aligned perfectly. The risk was too great to take the leap. So we've postponed the move.

It's really weird. We even have a phone number and an address out there as of August 1st. And now we're un-doing everything. Taking the house off the market, cancelling our lease in Mill Valley. All of it.

We're experiencing a strange combination of depression and happiness. Sigh. I guess everything happens for a reason...I guess we'll just have to see what the reason will be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You guys must feel like you are on a roller coaster out of control. If it didn't feel 100% right, then you did the right thing. I'm glad to keep you close and next time, I'm waiting till you move in the buy a plane ticket!!! HaHaHa!!