Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Vote for Kelly

I first met Kelly in high school. We shared liberal politics, progressive moms and a desire to get out in the wide world.

We saw each other briefly in college when we were both in D.C. suffering through Reagan's America. I was doing an internship in the Senate. She was fighting the good fight for various progressive causes. I thought I wanted to be a lawyer. But Kelly was already doing her thing. She was where the action was.

Kelly found her place in Los Angeles fighting hard for all the right things, especially the environment and women's rights.

I don't know anyone more perfectly suited for the kind of job she's going for now. Kelly will be great in the California State Assembly. But I have no doubt she will go far beyond that. Kelly, we need leaders like you. Thanks for always going for it.

To my Los Angeles friends...not only must vote for her, you must somehow sneak in a vote from me.

No comments: